Wednesday 28 May 2014

I cant deliver your letter to Boko Haram leader - First Lady tells kid





Some Nigerian children who paid a courtesy visit to First Lady

Patience Jonathan today in Abuja to mark the Children's Day

celebration seized the opportunity to hand her letters they

wrote to Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau protesting the

abduction of the Chibok girls and asked the First Lady to pass

the letter to him.

Mama Peace received the letter but immediately told the

children that she doesn't know who Shekau is but would give

their letters to the Chief of Defence Staff who would help

deliver it accordingly..

"Let me thank the children that gave me letter to give Boko

Haram. Well, I have received your letter, but I’m not the

one to give it to Boko Haram because I don’t know Boko

Haram and I have never seen Boko Haram. But I will give it

to NSA or Chief of Defence Staff who will submit your

letter accordingly. To my children parliament, thank you for

your letter. Thank you for your deliberation. I have received

what you gave to me. I will make sure I pass it to the

president because it is addressed to him and the other one

is addressed to Boko Haram. That is why the two are

different.” she said

Mama Peace advised the children and Nigerians in general to

desist from speaking evil or reigning abuses on the President,

saying he is the head of the country as God has made him so.

She drew her advice from the bible

"It is bad to abuse our country and the president because

God has made him the head. The almighty God commands us

to pray for our leaders. We therefore need to pray for the

development of our country and the president.

Remember that a child that abuses his father and mother is

disobeying God’s commandment because the bible says in

Exodus 20:12 that you should honour your father and

mother so that you may live long in the land that the Lord

your God has given you. The holy Bible is not referring to

only biological parents. Any one that is older than you even

for a day must be respected. Let us therefore join hands

and rebuild our country Nigeria” she advised

No comments :

Post a Comment