Saturday 28 June 2014

Finally!! Abuja Blast Survivors tell their story



After the Bomb blast at Emab

plaza,Abuja which claimed 22 lives and

left 50 others injured, some of the

survivors have narrated their close

shave with death to Gist4today

A taxi driver, who identified himself as

Malachy Odo, said he was caught up in

the midst of the ravaging fire after the

bomb exploded at the car park of Emab

Plaza.


He said:

“I had arrived at the plaza in my cab

minutes earlier. After the last

passenger alighted from the cab, I was

reversing when I heard the explosion.


My car went up in flames, and I

struggled to pass through the window

and in the process my left hand caught

fire. As I was running for my dear life,

broken glasses pierced my feet. I was

later rushed by rescuers to Maitama

General Hospital.”


Mrs Mary Andrew, said she was lying on

the ground beside her groundnut tray,

while waiting for buyers at the entrance

of Emab Plaza, when the blast occurred.

No comments :

Post a Comment